growth I S   I N   Y O U R hands
Welcome

Few things consume us, bring us joy, and break our hearts like marriage and couple relationships.  When things go wrong or get off track, the emotional pain is often unlike anything we've experienced before -- and we can find ourselves acting in ways that surprise even ourselves. Even in those marriages or romantic partnerships that are pretty good 90% of the time, that remaining 10% can threaten to ruin our perspective and even, in some cases, make us ponder a break-up or a divorce. Thankfully, it can get better.

For almost 20 years, I've worked with individuals, couples, and families pursuing happiness, meaning, and personal growth. I have two Masters degrees including a Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy -- a marriage counseling specialty that only 12% of counselors and therapists obtain. Additionally, my education and my personal experience as a husband and father have honed a passion in me for engaging couples as they work to make their relational life better.

Whether you make an appointment with me at my Marriage Counseling location in Saint Paul MN for couples therapy or family counseling, our goal will be very much the same: not merely to talk about your relationship problems, but, in each session, to create new relationship experiences where healing, love, and (even) fun show you the way to a better life.

Perhaps it sounds like a stretch that marriage therapy could be fun, but not only do I find it to frequently be so, but so do my clients.  It can also be maddening, challenging, and distressing, but I guarantee it's not "as bad as most people think." Click here to schedule a free 20 minute consultationI've posted an article on my facebook page from WebMD which debunks the common myths about marriage counseling...maybe it will help you feel safe to take the plunge into marriage or couples counseling with your partner.

I'm conveniently located near I-94 close to the intersection of Snelling and Selby so you might find it convenient to see me for marriage counseling in the St. Paul, Minneapolis, Minnesota Twin Cities metro.


Common Questions:

My partner won't come to therapy.  Can I still get help for my relationship?

One of us had an affair.  Is our relationship hopeless?

I think our relationship might be past repairing.  What's the point of therapy if one of us is leaning toward a divorce or break-up?

What about medication vs psychotherapy?

Does what we talk about in therapy remain confidential?

 

Schedule Appointment

Start your new path in life and be
the change today!

Helpful Forms

Click here to view and print
forms for your appointment